Sunday, June 6, 2010

I always forget about garage sales

My mom sent me a text message the other day about a large community baby sale, or 'baby boutique' as they called it.  I thought I would give it a shot to see of there was anything cool we could use for Rylie.......

My was I overwhelmed. It was two large rooms just overflowing with baby gear. I always forget about what great deals you can get at garage sales.  I had just bought the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" for $17 at the store and then I see it sitting there for 50 cents!! Guess I will be returning that book.

Anyway, I got there too late and all the things I was looking for already had 'SOLD' signs on it, but I did manage to pick up some clothes in great condition and the cutest little Care Bear bike for Rylie.  My wise mother and sister, on the other hand, got there before it even opened and my sister left with a plethora of items at great deals for her little bun in the oven!

Here is Rylie trying out the new toy:

The dogs were also quite interested in our garage sale find :)

1 comment:

  1. Baby boutique was a blast... must do it again in august!

    I'll get there early and hold a place in line for us.. team shopping is always funner.
    mom

    ReplyDelete