Friday, June 11, 2010

Lions and tigers and (polar) bears, oh my

One of the Christmas presents that I have gotten the most use out of is the zoo pass that my in-laws get us every year.  We take lots of trips to the zoo, but this last one was super eventful.

The Columbus Zoo has just built an awesome new Polar Frontier that has been a huge hit and is always super busy.  Every time we have gone the bears are usually just laying around sunning themselves, but on this day they were super active. Rylie even got into it :)



There are two bears and they were playing and climbing in and out of the water.  It looked like we had arrived just in time for feeding.  Suddenly there was a mad rush for the underwater viewing area and Ryan, Rylie and I found ourselves a part of it.

I must say, one thing I have learned about the zoo and baby gear is that they do not go well together.  The zoo does not have enough space in all of it's exhibits to accomodate all the strollers, wagons and carriers that cram themselves in there.  When we finally found our way down I pulled the stroller aside and Ryan took Rylie to watch the bears eat. She was NOT impressed......

..but we were! we got some great shots of the bears eating and chasing their yogurt melts (thats what they looked like to me, I really have no clue what they were eating).

Rylie did perk up once we left the bears and really enjoyed watching the geese.  Really?? We drive all the way to the zoo and she is most interested in the things in our own back yard!




Overall it was a great trip to the zoo and I am so glad we finally saw something exciting at the polar frontier, it was very cool!

2 comments:

  1. I love the polar bear pictures! You two are such great parents!! I bet she loves Grandma's house too, if she likes the geese! (From Cousin Brynn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such interesting poses of Rylie. In these pics you really can see how she looks at things even at this young age. She is very inquisitive of what is going on around her. Very neat blogs!

    ReplyDelete