Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Raining Cats and Dogs

We had some crazy storms the past two days that has left our once dry field looking like this:

and knocked down a tree in our neighbors yard:


It was the first time the tornado sirens have come on since we've had Rylie.  It was a little scary for me.  Plus, it was right at bedtime, so I was torn about how serious it was.  Do I lay her in her bed or keep her with me in case we have to get somewhere safe? Ahh the logistics of being a parent.  

In the end I kept her with me until the worst of it passed and then put her to bed, only about 20 min. later than  normal.  

1 comment:

  1. sweet picture of your neighborhood showing that moment right after the storm, where light is glowing and the air is so clean looking.. great pic

    ReplyDelete