Monday, July 19, 2010

Hail to the Victor


So if you follow college football, then you are aware of the rivalry between Ohio State University and the University of Michigan. Since I moved to Ohio it has been and ongoing battle to be from Michigan because in Ohio they are not kidding around when it comes to the rivalry!
When I first moved here people would ask where I was from and when I would tell them Michigan, they would literally scoff and tell me they couldn't talk to me anymore!! I am not kidding!  So as it would happen I eventually met the man I would marry and lo and behold, he is a Buckeye fan.  So I compromise and root for his Buckeyes and the Wolverines all season long, but when it comes to the BIG GAME, I gotta go with my roots.  I told him when I live here longer than I lived in Michigan then, MAYBE, I will convert. I did concede and take this picture for the stamps on our wedding invitations
and the Buckeye mascot Brutus even made an appearance at our wedding as a surprise to Ryan


Rylie was also born at the OSU hospital and showered with scarlet and gray apparel when she was a newborn

but I am still a Michigander at heart and I still have to make sure my daughter knows her roots ;), My aunt got her a sweatshirt that she was finally able to fit into, it looks good on her if I do say so myself!

 and Grandpa R won't let her forget her roots either! 

GO BLUE! (sorry honey, I love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment