Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mommy Brain

Those of you who have had children or know someone who has, Mommy Brain is no joke! I have become an extremely absentminded person and it is sooo frustrating.  But every once in a while, I still can catch a glimpse of the brain that I had before I was a mommy and I can come up with some pretty cool ideas.
My most recent Non-Mommy Brain moment was when I was trying to find a use for all of the delicious blueberry infused water that is leftover after I boil blueberries for pureeing. I was putting it in Rylie's cereal, but it just wasn't using very much of it. So when I went to make pancakes Sunday morning, I thought, hmm, I wonder?  I added the liquid as the water portion of the mix and they turned out awesome! They were blue which was kinda fun to have colored pancakes (for me it was fun, it might freak some people out too, I guess), but the taste was fabulous. I made some non-blueberry ones too in case Ryan thought it was too weird. As you can see in the picture, by the time I snapped it there was only one blueberry pancake left.
 It was blueberry pancakes without the blueberries, but still with all the nutrients that boiled out of the original blueberries. I am super excited about my new creation, and the fact that I don't have to waste any of the nutrient-packed, tasty water leftover from the boiling process. Rylie was also a fan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment