Monday, July 5, 2010

REAL swim lessons

I read about this the other day at The Momma Maven and I thought it was so cool and such a great idea! We don't have a pool or anything right now, and neither does anyone in our family, but if we ever get one, I really want Rylie to get these lessons.  The video of this in practice is so amazing.



I looked in our area and have not found anyone who teaches this yet.  I thought it was so interesting I shared it at a family dinner and it turns out my stepdad did it for my stepbrother and stepsister when they were Rylie's age.

The theory behind ISR (Infant Swim Resource) is that it teaches your child important survival skills while teaching them to enjoy swimming.  You can read more about it here.

I really like this idea though and I hope it is available in the area when we are ready for it. For now though, we will continue swimming like this:

1 comment:

  1. This blog is hilarious and important, Rylie, you are a comedian.. this is soo funny! Rylie posed so funny for this, and it is what makes it so good!

    ReplyDelete